Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel for a staycation, under $300 per night. Planning something special for our 4th anniversary.

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

BAY HOTEL Conveniently located at the Southern part of Singapore, just across Vivo City and surrounded by the serenity of Mount Faber Park, Bay Hotel is a small property with basic rooms, but it is good for a simple staycation if you want some undisturbed time with your partner. The rooms are modern and fully air-conditioned, and comes with free wi-fi too. Pack with you your favourite DVDs and it shall be movie night at Bay Hotel with its flat-screen TV. Rates start from S$144++ per night. 50 Telok Blangah Road Tel: +65 6818 6666 Nearest Station: Harbourfront Staying in the City Hall is a nice alternative. You are still in the heart of the city, there are plenty of shopping and dining options, but you do away with the massive crowd that you’d get from Orchard Road. Fairmont Singapore makes that nice option if you are looking for somewhere centralized yet not overly crowded, and the lovely thing about a staycation at Fairmont is that you are not too far away Rates start from S$220++ per night. 80 Bras Basah Road Tel: +65 6339 7777 Nearest Station: City Hall HOTEL JEN @ ORCHARD GATEWAY Right smack in the middle of Somerset, the new Hotel Jen @ Orchard Gateway is our prime choice when we want a staycation at Orchard Road that will not have our wallets take a beating. Strategically located right above Orchard Gateway – where Phoenix Hotel used to be at – this is one swanky property that is surprisingly very affordable too. The hotel is not your over-the-top kind of fancy. Rather, it is fun with a touch of modernity, and kinda sexy but nothing intimidating. Bright colours dominate the decor and furnishing of Hotel Jen @ Orchard Gateway, and the mood board is that of young and trendy. The rooms are nothing too special, but that’s fine by us because the fluffy white sheets are comfy all the same, and we get a view of the bustling Orchard Road. Toiletries are at the bare minimum, so we’d suggest bringing your own. If you are a tourists, setting Hotel Jen @ Orchard Gateway as your base makes commuting around a whole lot easier. Hotel Jen @ Orchard Gateway is also listed in our guide to 9 amazing hotel swimming pools in Singapore. Rates start from S$221++ per night. 277 Orchard Road Tel: +65 6708 8888 Nearest Station: Somerset REGENT SINGAPORE Tanglin is a quaint neighbourhood that is not too far away from the main Orchard Road, and if you fancy the elusiveness of that area, then Regent Singapore will make a splendid staycation option. We love its modern rooms and how the hotel exudes that understated elegance and timelessness. Rates start from S$254++ per night. 1 Cuscaden Road Tel: +65 6733 8888 Nearest Station: Orchard ROYAL PLAZA ON SCOTTS This property may be slightly old, but it still makes an ideal staycation option when you want something affordable with a very convenient location. Royal Plaza on Scotts is famous for its international buffet spread at Carousel, but more than that, we love the accessibility and spacious rooms. The rooms at Royal Plaza On Scotts are not the most elegant nor posh, but it is self-sufficient – work desk with free in-room wi-fi, flat screen LED TV, a window-side leather seat, Nepresso machine and TWG tea sachets, complimentary mini bar, and king-sized bed with a concise pillow menu. Over in the bathroom, you’ve got your bath tub and rainforest shower. And have we mentioned how toiletries make a great impact on our stay? Boy, were we pleased to see L’occitane stocked in the shower room. Royal Plaza on Scotts makes a great option for tourists too, especially first-timers. There are buses that go to all parts of Singapore, the MRT station is a 5-minute walk away, and the major shopping malls are all within walking distance too. Rates start from S$198++ per night. 25 Scotts Road Tel: +65 6737 7966 Nearest Station: Orchard

Read more

Studio M is good! I support! My hub and i went for babymoon. You can also go check out Rendezvous Hotel on their official website, under promo. They have this deal $330+ includes 50mins massage for both, pair of cathay movie ticket, city hopper city tour, club benefits(so u can have some evening snacks at executive lounge), and breakfast. Pretty worth it. Westin Hotel has promo should be around $240 when there is. Killer bathtub and pool. Doesnt include breakfast thou, cons parking is not complimentary on weekdays. South Beach Hotel has great pool views too. But hey, if you have the time to get out of SG. Consider Montigo. Its low season now, around $240. Plus ferry tickets approx $100 for 2 pax. Works out to be slightly above $300. But you get a whole villa and pool to yourself. Thats what i did for my anniversary. Your budget was similar to mine, hehe. I thought i was pretty worth it, since nowhere in SG i can have a staycation like that at that price!

Read more
4y ago

May I know where’s your source on batam lockdown? I googled and only can find Malaysian one

VIP Member

I like Changi Village hotel because it's reasonably priced and it's quiet. There's Changi beach within walking distance and it's good for destressing. There's yummy and cheap food nearby as well! However, if you'd like somewhere more romantic, maybe Oasia hotel? Here's a list of romantic hotels in Singapore. https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotels-g294265-zff3-Singapore-Hotels.html

Read more
Post reply image

You can consider Quincy's Qool Weekend Package. It is slightly higher than $300 but I thought it is interesting as there is activities such as Couple Art Jamming Class, Cupcake baking class, and Movie Nights by the pool. http://www.stayfareast.com/en/hotels/the-quincy-hotel/deals/tqh-qool-weekend-special.aspx

Read more

Changi Village Hotel if you are bringing the little ones along. If it is only 2 of you, you may check out Quincy Hotel. It is slightly above $300 but they have couple activities like cupcake making / art jamming that u can participate with no additional cost.

VIP Member

You can check out Qoo10 or Groupon for staycation deal. I managed to book Dresort at only $90 for a executive room. Ntuc members gets to visit Wild wild wet for free & Dresort guests gets to pay a discount ticket price of $10 for adult entry

You can check out RWS hotels. There are many activities and sightseeing in sentosa, eg. USS, sentosa cove, SEA Aquarium, beaches and etc. You can check out www.agoda.com for early bird discount.

Managed to get Park Royal @ Beach Road hotel below $300 (premier room) on National Day.. one of the places where we can see fireworks from the new NDP location according to ST.

VIP Member

Try Hotels under far east hospitality.. Good.. Oasia Novena.. Club room with club benefit etc.. Awesome and price are reasonable

try changi village hotel . not ex and nice place. enjoy the sea breeze also not bad at the near by beach