Pregnancy Insurance

Do you buy pregnancy insurance? I’m wondering if I should. If yes, can share where you bought from & roughly how much?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought from AIA, I’m 32 this year and I’m paying $108.63 per month. My coverage is about $43k+ for self complications and $5k for pregnancy complications. I think this is the most minimum coverage? I’m not sure. But age is also a factor when you purchase any kind of insurance. The older you are, the more expensive the plan is. As for my plan, after 1 year one of the premium portion will be removed so I will be paying about $70+ per month. This maternity plan can also be transferred to my baby within 60 days after birth and she can get a coverage of $100k for herself. Some may think it’s not necessary to get maternity insurance especially if you are financially tight BUT just to have a peace of mind, you may. Do ask around for opinions on the various maternity insurance from different companies. All insurers have a specific time frame before you can sign a maternity plan and best to get it before your glucose test. The most important thing is to know how you plan to settle your bills in the event a pregnancy complication occur as we don’t know what can happen to us or our baby throughout the whole pregnancy. If you don’t plan on getting any maternity insurance at the moment until you give birth, do consider getting hospital plan with rider for your newborn at least cause firstly it’s much much cheaper to get one for babies and secondly we don’t want to be financially burdened by hospital bills for our growing child.

Read more
4y ago

Appreciate your sincere & detailed reply 😊🙏

The cheapest is around almost $500. I was sourcing around for maternity insurance until I found an IFA agent who helped me to compare. I think ultimately it’s up to you if you want to get. Because you have to see how much you want to be covered for, how much is your budget etc.. I’m not an expert but I can give you my agent’s number if you’d like. She’s not pushy at all.

Read more

i bought great eastern flexi maternity insurance. The premium one about 800+ and covers quite a substantial amount. can go online look for the broucher. I think if you have spare cash, should buy.

VIP Member

Yes, I do..I bought from Prudential... It’s useful when i delivered my baby and she had jaundice then need phototeraphy for 3 days 2 nights and it covered from the insurance..

Manulife. Close to 1k. The lowest coverage is close to 500

VIP Member

yes shld buy. i didnt bought and now regretted.

4y ago

Ok, thanks Corinne!

No. The coverage is not v high