Prenatal insurance

When did you purchase the prenatal insurance? Is it too late if I buy after my 20 week scan (I’m 18weeks preggy now). Do you guys mind sharing which company you got yours from and how much it costs? Ty!!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Got mine from Manulife at week 23. However the later you get the insurance, the more information you need to supplement. Quite mah fan. I bought not really for the maternity but the guaranteed insurability benefit (can buy life insurance without underwriting in case of any birth issues). AIA offered me a bundled plan, but I don't want to buy the life insurance yet, and I didn't like the guaranteed life insurance plan from Prudential, so I went with Manulife instead.

Read more

I've been asking my preg friends and once pregnant friends. Most of them didn't get it. But personally, my hubs and I decide to get it because I had a bleeding episode in 1st tri. I got mine from AIA that came with education plan. :)

I decided to get the plan to avoid any complication and it will be ideal to get the plan before the scan at week 20. I got my plan from AIA too. 😊

If your week20 scan all ok then no problem to buy after. I bought insurance for my first pregnancy at around 28 weeks. AIA too!

My first pregnancy i got it from GE before my week 20 scan. Think i bought shortly after i was eligible

I just got mine from Aia. I think you should get it before the scan just in case though!

got mine from aia at 14wreks.