Any brand recommendation for playpen/baby cot and pram for new born?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't use a playpen and my cot is hand me down from my bro in law. I believe babies outgrow cots very fast and they won't want to be sleeping inside a cot very soon so no point to get an expensive one. Unless you want to get those that can convert to a bed which they can sleep in when they are older. For pram get a brand where the baby can lay down flat . Peg Perego is good. I think pram can be a long term investment so get one that is good for when they are newborns. But also good when they are older. I used to use a combi one when baby was below 9mo. But by then she was not comfortable inside combi as the most upright position for my combo stroller was not upright enough. They love to sit up straight and see the world. So I had to buy a new stroller. Hence don't just go for a stroller good for newborns, go for one for long term

Read more
7y ago

Usually what is the max weight that a pram can take?

20-25 kg. I will be tempted to get those that go up to 30kg so that we can use for a longer period . It is true they don't use the stroller much when they get older but it is useful to use for naps during travel so get one which can last longer. Actually when they get older they become lazier to walk hahah Mcclaren XLR goes up to 30 or 35kg if I am not wrong

Read more
VIP Member

For playpen depending on your requirement and dimension, most playpen have 2 tiers and some even comes with a diaper changing station. As for pram, you need to know what is your requirement? - Do you drive or takes public transport often? (Very important)

Read more
7y ago

For pram, you can consider Combi. 4 wheels all 360deg turning good to manuveur around, able to front face and face mummy (handle can switch side) One hand open and close system. Suitable for transport cos it's convenient to open and close. It can stand on its own when closed also. Playpen you can try graco? Since u drive, you also can look into their carseats.

All the brands are pretty similar. You need to know what you want and are looking for. These days there are so many different types. There are even co sleepers. And also they all vary in size.