HFMD

My boy at 16m has caught hfmd 3x from infant care within 6 mths (mar, jun, aug), there was outbreak in school in jun & aug. Is there really no way to help prevent this whether tcm or other natual remedies?? Desperate mum

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

There isn't any vaccine for HFMD unfortunately. There are a few products on the market that says it can eliminate HFMD germs e.g. biocair, but honestly, dunno how true. Also, this is only usable at home anyway. There are a few things you can do however. 1. Change clothes and bathe immediately after coming back from school. 2. Keep reminding your child not to put fingers into mouth 3. Sanitise your own home to prevent transmission of germs at home 4. Boost immunity 5. Consider changing centre. Large CC tends to have more outbreaks.

Read more

I think the problem is with the centre. I am an infant care teacher. Getting HFMD too often is concerning. Should highlight to the principal or teacher in charge. Any other infants in his class caught HFMD too?

Try to boost their immune system...And I think you may want to switch center or have a serious talk with the school's principal..They seem to be sloppy

VIP Member

Oh dearrr....Did you try talking to the principal? They should take strict measures to prevent this as it's happening too often!

Try to get the alcohol hand sanitizer.. every time he comes home from school, sanitize with that. 70%alcohol

Oh today 2 new cases of hfmd at infant care reported.

no there isnt a way... you just have to wait it out.

Probably try switching center

Ok. All 3x, the fever started on fri nite & symptoms on sat, so given incubation period, i think he caught it in sch. In jun & aug, there was outbreak fr older classes, n1, k1 etc & in jun, infant cases had a few cases incl my son. This time, there was abt 8 cases fr older class & now my son 1st one in infant class. I really dunno if there cld be cross contamination or wat??

Read more
VIP Member

Will it be better if you change your boy to another center? Because even if you do all the precautions and keeping him clean and germ free doesn't mean he won't get the virus. On the same time build up his immune too.