baby shower gift idea

Being a parent, what gift would you prefer to receive other than red packet ? (for baby's shower)

81 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Depend this is their number what kids, i believe if no 2-3 and gap not much apart, they should already have most of the things and hence they will really appreciate other useful things like diapers Size M and above, (because they won't stock the size too early too). If 1st kid: Jumperoo Play Gym Bumbo chair/ Booster seat High Chair Educational toys like Melissa and dough Activity Table Other interesting toys like drum, balls. Customized Name Romper If 2nd Kid (Unless you know what they don't have, than it's easier) Diapers FM (If they are not breastfeeding) Customized Name Romper Air Purifier (I was given during the 2nd and thankfully i don't have too. )

Read more
Post reply image

Red packet is the only preference. The cash from the red packet is more useful to getting the gifts ourselves for our needs. In our case of the many different gifts - baby clothings, we have received many and most of the gift clothings are worn once or twice, and some are not even worn. Our LO outgrown faster in size than we can imagined and the clothings are not fitting any more. This is wasting the gifts from relatives, friends and colleagues. We just passed on the clothings as blessing to others.

Read more

Technically if people give some items like diapers or clothes or some fanciful items because of baby shower, I find not much use for them because my girl doesn't really use them. I will buy what I need unless I specifically have a list to tell u what u can buy. Some people go by this list to ensure that their "needs" are met. Honestly, NTUC or Kiddy Palace vouchers will be most appreciated. :)

Read more

I recently bought a small cooker with baby weaning recipes as a gift for my friend's baby shower. She's a first time mum. I also used to make soups and porridge for my Toddler. Great for making soup for mums. And later on mummy can use it to make porridge for Baby. I contacted them directly and they made a hamper for me too. http://list.qoo10.sg/GMKT.INC/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=469817100

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

What I usually recommend are red packets (cash) and vouchers, or diapers and wet wipes if you know the family well enough to know their preference :) Reason being, babies will outgrow clothes real quick, toys can be subjected to the child's age and parents' preference, other things aren't very practical either - customized gifts are cute, but they can be a hassle to give away after use.

Read more

Diapers, baby toiletries, are practical gifts if you don’t know the person well. If it’s a good friend a diaper cake is very cute! Whatever it is, do NOT get a shears gift hamper! Based on my own experience and the number of shears gift packs available on Carousell, nobody likes or wants these!

Lots and lots of diaper because newborn needs a lot of it. Vouchers are good too because the parents can choose what they need. Else perhaps check with the parents what type of milk bottles the baby is using, as they need to change the milk bottles very frequently too.

VIP Member

I think a small gift & red packet is good. A few gift ideas - customised teether, weaning products (yaytray), wooden toys. Things that some parents won’t really splurge on/is rather nice to receive as a gift. Vouchers = cash, would rather get cash.

Read more

vouchers are my favourite as till now i am still able to use them to get necessities for my boy. however, our relatives were kind enough to get things on our wish list. so we received sterilizer, toys, books, diapers etc.

VIP Member

I would prefer a gift especially a thoughtful toy over a red packet :) At my kids baby shower some of the great gifs we got included baby bedding, enrichment class vouchers, baby books and some cool fisher price toys