Can you please share me baby shower gift idea? I am going to baby shower next weekend.

64 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It depends on what the parents like. For me, I am very practical and my favourite baby shower gifts included a beanbag pillow for babies, Pigeon laundry detergent powder and a handmade clothbook from my aunt. I feel handmade items convey the most sincerity. However, if you're not that close to them or if you have no time, you can really ask them what they need. I'm sure they will let you know. Otherwise, just give them money in a red envelope for them to purchase necessities. I found that I didn't use clothing gift sets at all as I already had enough clothes for my baby.

Read more

Depends on lot of factors. Is it a boy or a girl? How well do you know the soon to be parents? I personally do not like giving gift cards although it is the most practical option. Having a baby is an emotional moment so I prefer not to go the practical way. You can pool together if expensive and gift a diaper cake. It looks really beautiful. Checkout the pic of diaper cake we provided to a friend

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

A mum to be sometimes put their registry to some baby store. You can find what they want/need easily. But if you want to be different, give them new mom starter pack. I believe, other people will give something for the baby. You can be unique and give something for the mom instead. A simple hampers contain aromatheraphy, chocolate, manicure set will mean a lot to a new mum :)

Read more

For practicality's sake, I'd say either cash or gift vouchers that the parents can use for baby's necessities. It might seem a bit impersonal but they are usually very well received. When I was working, I would get a mixture of vouchers from Kiddy Palace and NTUC so the new mommy and daddy can use them for baby products or baby groceries.

Read more
VIP Member

I absolutely agree with Idza Bagio! Requirement of every new parent is different especially when it comes to buying for their newborn. While most people find clothes to be a convenient gift, I feel it's best to give a gift voucher to a MotherCare or Mom & Me, so they can choose what's best for them.

Vouchers are great. Most hampers are full of rubbish items. Or pick something useful like Love to dream swaddles and nappies. Or toy for 6 mth old plus if they have space. Clothes should be for the bigger age group too. They outgrow newborn items so fast and often receive lots of newborn clothes

Have you thought of a baby diaper cake, it can be easily home made. I always feel handmade gifts are much more personalised and special. It consist of usefull items such as clothes, diapers, mittens etc.. It can be as simple as you want or even as extravagant too. I love diaper cakes :)

Post reply image
8y ago

Yup easy to make as well, and the cmthe items are all useful, and they look gorgeous. You can never find 2 of the same kind.

Personally I prefer angpau aka cash than anything else as we can use that to buy anything that's needed. If not please buy something practical like diapers. Sg houses are too small and no much space for unused stuffs, I'm trying to get rid of my baby's baby shower gifts!

Usu i give red pkt for baby shower or 1st birthday as I feel tt they are too young to appreciate gifts and parents will have their own preferred toys or neccessities for the child. Only 2Y and above if i knw the child's lrefernce then maybe I will get a pressie

i bought some clothes gift sets for 1 colleague. however been a recent mum, the most practical i find is pampers and gift vouchers. i just wish someone would come out n do a wish list and it will be most practical for both the mummy and person giving.