We're throwing my friend a baby shower next weekend. I want to give her a unique but useful gift. Any ideas?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Asking her first about what she already has is a good idea, so you won't be giving her the same items. If she doesn't have these already, you could give her: Cloth diapers Onesies (newborn ones are best since everyone else will most probably give clothes that would fit the baby when she is already a few months old) or clothes that can be used right away at the hospital Receiving blankets - these are a must for newborns Breastpads (very helpful if she plans to breastfeed) Cute matching mittens and socks A bassinet or little tub for bathing the little one You can spice up these items by putting them in cute packages, like turning onesies into cupcakes then placing them in a box to make them look like actual cupcakes (pls see the pic). You can also use Pinterest to look for creative ways of wrapping your gift. Good luck and congratulations to the new mommy.:)

Read more
Post reply image

Perhaps some useful parenting books which are practical for new parents to handle a baby. 1. Sleep Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby, by Tracy Hogg 2. Baby's development The Wonder Weeks: How to Stimulate Your Baby's Mental Development and Help Him Turn His 10 Predictable, Great, Fussy Phases into Magical Leaps Forward, by Frans X. Plooij

Read more

As a friend, i would appreciate any gift but being a new mother, i would be delighted if one of my friend help me to set up a wish list to indicate what I will need. unfortunately any unique replicated gift is not unique. Hence, best to ask. You may want to consider the following 1)baby carriers 2) exersaucer do that baby can exercise at 6 months old 3)baby spa/ swim voucher

Read more

How about a bouquet made out of onesies and baby wash cloths? It is practical because which mother doesn't need onesies and wash cloths but at the same time, rolled into a flower bouquet, it will be a darling centerpiece at any baby shower. This video gives an easy step-by-step demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X51g-_D_bgM

Read more
Post reply image

baby shower usually we will receive Ang bao money or Baby's clothes set,for me I prefer to sent something they might used now like bedsheets or pillows with their name but they might need to order earlier if not you can try this both Web to see toddley thoughts or label of love studio

You can buy her an ergonomic SSC carrier..there are a lot of brands and nice patterns out there to choose from. If not...Can give her Money vouchers like from KIDDY PALACE since most moms will shop der and to me its quite useful as I can spend on my LO things using the vouchers given.

Hi, Unique and useful gifts...before that you must actually ask the mummy what she had already bought or prepared to avoid same items. Normally useful things wont be unique in my opinion. Lol Useful items for babies will be cloth diapers, baby carrier, organic bath and shampoo

Read more

i suggest basket of useful items like for bathing. baby tub, shampoo, soaps,towel,sponge,etc. For me he can use it for a long period of time based on my experience. unlike other stuff that will just outgrown and has specific months when to use

Try giving cloth diapers, instead of disposables. Insert a little note on why you thought of giving her that gift and how it can help her in her motherhood journey. There are a lot of cute designs out there that I am sure she will love. :)

When I received gifts from my friends, the one I like most are the digital thermometer and water proof/anti-allergy bed cover. Because it's very useful and not a lot of people will think about buying them for gift.