Venting frustrations about my own mum

Before we had second child we discussed with my mum. She is supportive . She don’t stay with us but she will come daily to take my older daughter 2.5 years old to childcare nearby. In June 2021, I was around 12 weeks pregnant. I started looking for a maid. Mum says she prefer the maid who took care of my uncle(her brother before he passed away) . So we waited for her preferred maid as her contract was ending with previous employer. 2 months pass, no reply from that maid. So I started looking for a maid again. Then came my mum saying ohh. Our family is United, we can help to take care of the second child, just have a part time maid. She can come over to stay with us etc etc . We stay within 2 km from each other. 3 bus stop. We purposely got a resale flat near her. She said maids are not reliable, she dislike them, dislike unfamiliar faces etc . Then I tot ok, maybe don’t have a maid, I hire a nanny(locals, so culturally more similar to us and that will make my mum more comfortable) . And nannies are actually more expensive than a maid, plus I can have a part time maid. Then now, in oct. when I am due soon. (Thankfully I have a confinement nanny) I can sense my mum don’t want to move here to stay with us. I asked her a few times last few days, she avoided my topic. Until today I was gonna lose my temper, I ask her with all seriousness, is she going to move over. She start to say we should hire a maid, she don’t want to stay over. Freakkkks . I am so pissed off. I already told her lead time for a maid is 4-6 months. I started quarreling with her, then she avoided me and quickly left my home. I am being flew areoplane by my own mum again.... so I am going interview for a maid tmr morning. Everything done in a haste. And I am very sure after I have a maid, my mum will come my house to complain how untrustworthy maids are and how much I need her to watch over the maid. My relationship with my mum is never good since young. But I try to close one eye these days as we are still a family. She did this for my first born, fly areoplane and change mind last min causing me stress . I talked to her , my relatives talked to her, I tot she will get better this time round. But she is still doing the same thing. I am stressed , can’t sleep at 3am...

profile icon
Write a reply
Be the first to reply