Thoughts on abortion

Hello, It's been a week since I found out I was pregnant and confirmed in the polyclinic I went. An estimated prediction of pregnancy was 7 weeks. I had talks with the father of the child, he was actually happy about the whole pregnancy (he haven't think about the future yet, but was just happy that he could be a father). After a few days and confirmation of pregnancy, we had a talk about our future and also a referral to KKH for scans. I told him that if he did not want the baby, we should go ahead for abortion and not waste more money on scanning and all - which he did think and he also was given a few days to 'calculate' and think about our future. I was actually heading towards abortion because it was too sudden and we are not that ready both financially and because of our families (my family doesn't like him a lot and his mother don't like me at all) But because he was so happy earlier on when I broke the news, I was very invested in trying to ensure I take good care of my body for the pregnancy and maybe my thoughts changed for abortion. When he came back to me upon going through all the reflections and thinking, he told me maybe abortion would be a better choice for our situation. I was half happy because it was something I wanted but at the same time I cried alot at the choice he had also decided, it was maybe because I was so invested in this whole pregnancy I wanted to keep the baby - even though I am worried about the future. Please advice if it would be better to go for abortion instead of giving birth in this situation because I am torn on this.

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

One will have never ending worries with or without being pregnant. Why don’t take precaution when you know you ain’t financially stable yet? Don’t you think it’s a selfish act?

3y ago

Hi, I was in the same situation last year in Aug 2020 when I came to know I am pregnant. I spoke to my hubby and he was confused wether to keep the baby or no because we owned few restaurants here but due to covid 19 we had to close down all our outlets and got no income coming over from anywhere. We went to KKH for opinion and decided for abortion. Even we booked an date to do so and signed the documents as well. But both of us, we din wanted to do that but situation was forcing us to do so. I was so upset and heartbroken that my hubby couldn't see me like that and we promised each other whatever situation we will overcome together and bring our child to this world. We cancelled our abortion appointment and booked a new appointment and decided to keep the baby😊. Than I found a part time job from home so I started doing it but my hubby was still jobless. After 3 months they said my performance is not up to their mark so asked me to quit the job. Again nightmare for us. My hubby started

VIP Member

Hello babe . Please dont abort . The baby is innocent and knows nothing. If the father dont wan to keep it u can keep it . It will haunt yoy and babies is not good to be abort

I will look for my parents for help. and apply those finances scheme to get some diapers and milk powder. i will regret if abortion, every night insomnia and cry to sleep.

Both of our families doesn't like each other too but we went through it cause after all.. this is between 2 person building their own family. think again ok :) cheer up

Keep the baby and put him/her up for adoption after giving birth. The baby is innocent. There are so many couples on the waiting list to adopt a baby.

Most important thing is you two are genuinely loving each other so that you can build a solid base for a happy family with the coming baby.

I just hope you won’t regret the choice that you made- no matter whether to keep or not to.

3y ago

I pray for God's peace to be upon you to make the right decision. It is not an easy decision, and I pray you do make one that you will look back without regrets. I recommend speaking with someone you trust, be it a family member or friend, but don't go through this alone. We arent really thinking straight now. There are also many helplines available. Please do seek help. Jiayou! 🤗

Play can ? dont be selfish is your fault for giving in and never thot of protection

3y ago

Even birth controls are only 99% effective. That 1% can still lead to accidents.

Follow your heart!