Baby is turning 4 month next week. Hubby tried again today still unsuccessful. Baby cried until nearly vomited.  Hubby say to convert to bottle exclusively when nearing school but I still want to be able to latch him when I go back work...when  my bb starts school next year feb when he's near 6 month.. they will try all means on bottle if bb still doesn't take by then.  .  Very worried baby go school suddenly all feeds bottle he will reject breast as my LC said this could happen because baby wasn't weaned gradually..:( what can I do? Is there anyone tt can help me?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey mommy, dont panic. Gotta intro bottle to baby now. We went cold turkey actually. If she rejected bottle, we waited... finally after gg hungry for a few hrs, she gave in and took the bottle. (she was abt 3mth then). after u succeed first time, you must continue the pattern of bottlefeeding or else baby will reject bottle again. for the start, try first n last feeds - direct latch.. then thru out the day offer bottle only. once established, you can continue with this arrangement once she starts infantcare. No need to be so extreme to do exclusive bottlefeeding once he starts ifc in Feb? unless you tell me he doesnt latch well? if he is ok, then establish the routine now right up til Feb n beyond. My girl is coming to 9mo nxt week. Since she started ifc at 3.5mo till now, i always dl her first thing in the morning and as soon as i see her after i get home in the evenings.. and because she is used to bottlefeeding in sch by teachers for so many mths... she will accept bottles now, whether ifc or home. But she will be more than happy when i nurse her directly. She is very sticky to me :) dont worry i dont think ur baby will reject you if he has been dl all these while ;) need more tips or advice, just shoot ur questions thru. (ps. u might also wanna consider chgg bottle/teats brand for eg bec mine rejected philips avent, but accepted MAM immed).

Read more

My baby is 17 months old. Throughout I direct latch and pump. I pump to regulate and maintain supply but direct latch as and when possible. It sounds difficult but you'll get the hang of it. I give her bottles 2x a day and latch most of the time. She's doing well with both until today.

Sorry im a bit confused, you mean baby rejects bottles?

7y ago

yes..