Work or no work

My baby turning 1 years old. Recently Placed in ifc. Felt sick once and took care of him almost a week. I worried if back to workforce baby sick,isit hard to take leaves? Coz sometimes baby sick will take 1 to 2 weeks recover I heard and I doesn't have much help. Once a while my mum help. My hub starting new job ,worried will affect him take childcare leave. How do u all manage?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think this is a common issue for all parents with young children who are working. The thing is to compromise, who cares for the child in the event he/she falls sick. Employers have no choice but to let you be since it’s a genuine case. But at the same time, do your part as a parent and load up on vitamin c and build up immunity for the whole family. Practise good hygiene. As for me, I quit my job after 4 years after I gave birth to my firstborn. And it has been the best choice ever with no regrets. We live our lives humbly, nothing extra and we rarely fall sick. My husband is the only sole breadwinner and he doesn’t earn much, so we get by everyday with whatever he has on hands. No complains, no stress, just a lot of understanding and compromise. But it’s up to you. Sit down with your husband, friends and family members and discuss of the options you can take.

Read more
2y ago

I agree fully Children are happier trust me. bcz this is the growing phase where they need the parents more. you cn have more time spent together doing activities, increasing their brain development more, especially their emotional development which will help them to cope and adapt better when they're bigger.