Baby constantly crying and hungry

Hi, my baby just turned 4 weeks. Starting from third week, he will start crying and getting fussy 1.5 hrs after the last feed. He will display hunger cues when we tap on his mouth. Currently, he drinks about 80ml and is on BM (bottle fed). Can I check if any of you experience the same with your baby? Worried that he is not sleeping well because of other reasons.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby is 2W old and wakes up crying every 1-1.5 hours for milk. Am already feeding 70ML of BM from bottle too.. tried burping, checking for soiled diapers but once fed again, he went back to sleep… so I guess it’s normal. Am also going to increase his intake by 5ML every week. I heard that it could be breast milk too watery, hence baby gets hungry easily. So I switched to FM for night feeds in order for him to sleep longer (3 hours). And switch back to BM for day feed.

Read more

same. my baby is going 3 weeks and nanny is already feeding her 100ml (bottle) because she is so hungry and start crying. nanny taught us to increase 5ml when she display hunger cues in < 2 hours from the last feed. and that 5ml increase really help her to sleep better until the next feed usually 3hours. of cos got to keep up with the burping as well.. and sometimes its just gas.

Read more

yes it’s normal, it’s colic. must keep burping