3 month old- refusing to feed

Hi mummies! My baby is turning 3 months in 3 days. These last 2 wks I noticed his hunger has reduced hence feeding frequence also changed from every 2 hrs, suddenly 4 or more hours. I’m just worried because he is suppose to eat more when growing instead of decreasing right? By the way, he is on formula. He seems to be happy and not fussy. It’s just that it’s a sudden decline of milk intake. When he was 2 month old he is drinking 3-3.5 oz every 2 hrs. Now he will drink the same but after every 4-5 hrs. If I give him early he will get fussy. #worryingmom #formula #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummies, just an update on this. Since I posted, I did a little troubleshooting on what is causing my baby to reject his milk. First, I change the milk teats to a bigger one from number 2, to number 3. I’m using Avent natural. I was relieved for a while because it seemed like he already needs to drink more and changing to a bigger teat improved it but I still feel something is off because he won’t finish 4oz at one go and his doesn’t sleep soundly at all. He still seems unsettled. Yesterday I asked my hubby to buy the Pigeon PPPSU bottles. The teat for the yellow-colored bottle suitable for 3months old and above is Y-cut, and Voila! He is back to eating every 4 hrs, 5oz at one go. Hope this helps the other mummies who are worrying here. I know it’s a bit troublesome but just don’t get tired of trying to solve the mystery why the baby is unhappy. 😅 We can all do this together. Fighting! 💪🏻

Read more
2y ago

Hi!!! Y-cut teats- I mean the hole in the nipple of the milk bottle. Normally for Avent they have round cut and it only gets bigger as the baby grows. For Pigeon, they have y-cut nipple for 3 months old.

my baby is also refusing to drink her formula . when i give her 180 ml every 5 HR .. she will get fussy and even reject the milk .. when I give 120 ml every 4 HR she seems okay.. but she will find water with ( melon strips ) I guess she will drink milk when she feels like it 🤣when I give her milk too early she will get fussy but she just wants her pacifier or maybe she's just full .. 😅

Read more

My baby is experiencing the same thing too 😭 Turning 3 months in 6 days. She used to drink 100ML every 2.5 hourly, then it decreased till 50~80ML every 3-4 hourly… For 80ML, sometimes she have to take 1.5 hours to finish 😵‍💫 She also started playing with the teat, biting or pushing it with her tongue then smiling…. Not sure if it’s a 3months thing😮‍💨

Read more
2y ago

Oh same, he already started drooling and blowing raspberries with his saliva. And discovered putting his hands to his mouth. Was also thinking maybe he’s growing tired of the formula taste and I’m tempted to switch to another brand. But we don’t have any digestion issues with the current one so also having second thoughts. Sigh. Hope it’s just a phase and appetite still change again. Im just worried He was gaining slowly. 3 weeks ago he was 6kg. After yesterday’s visit, only gained .25. 🙁