are baby rockers really helpful in putting baby to sleep? is this gear really necessary or just a waste of money?

Post image
6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used it for my daughter and I would say that it is a really must buy. Even if the baby doesn't sleep in it, there is this thing where you can put the baby and carry her wherever you are. Once in a while rock the baby when he is awake, and the baby likes it and also plays well in it. Also that she can see you all the time from the rocker, he doesn't want to cling all the time. You can do your work and at the same time talk to her play with her. And who says babies do not sleep in the rockers. Only when they are too cranky they may need to be held for a while but when they have dozed off you can again put them in the rocker and they will sleep nicely.

Read more

We bought a rocker thinking it would solve our sleep problems - it worked in a way that when baby fell asleep in the car and we'd transfer her to the rocker (as opposed to the crib), she'd stay asleep. But since you can't leave a baby asleep in a rocker for long hours, we'd have to transfer her to the bed when she was in deeper sleep - which didn't always work. So it helped us buy time to prepare ourselves for bed after getting home with a baby who fell asleep in the car, but I think it depends on temperament as our baby didn't like being strapped into it so we never really got to use it as something to help her fall asleep.

Read more

I don't necessarily think of them as just to help baby sleep. They are rather useful for baby to just hang out and be distracted by the accessories when they are awake and you have to do other things around the house. Nap or sleep wise, I prefer the rocker compared to those hanging baby hammocks.

Waste of money. Plus if you make it a habit to rock your LO to sleep, be prepared to manually rock him to sleep when you're all out shopping/when he's older. My friend had to rock her 10kg son to sleep at a shopping mall and she totally regretted rocking him to sleep when he was younger.

It really depends on your baby. Some can be rocked to sleep easily while some is not able to. So far, my kids r quite ok with it and sleeps while being rocked.

Read more

In our case, no. Our baby cries more when put in the rocker. We tried daily for a month thinking she will get used to it, but nothing has changed.