Baby oral wipes - nuk oral wipes

Is it worth getting baby oral wipes? ie like the nuk oral wipes . Or is it just a waste of money and we can we just use a damp towel to clean baby’s mouth / tongue.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes, it’s worth it. nuk oral wipes are more hygienic especially during these times. Nuk oral wipes are good because it doesn’t have any chemicals, preservatives and contains only purified water. If not, don’t use a damp towel. Use sterile gauze and boiled water to avoid introducing bacteria into baby’s mouth.

Read more

Honestly, use nuk oral wipes. Using cloth ,the cotton and material maybe rough. Might scrape off baby cell membrane as well as baby skin cell as they're weaker in term in cimoaring to us adults

Super Mum

I’ve never bought nuk oral wipes s. Just used baby wipes that have safe ingredients and are fragrance free. For wiping gums/teeth, the paediatric dentist recommended using a clean damp towel.

I would say, definitely you should use it. Oral Wipes help prevent tooth decay in your child and may boost your home care routine for your baby's teeth and gums.

We just use a damp towel to clean..Not too keen to expose baby to unnecessary chemicals at this age..

Yup i used the nuk oral wipes on my boy to clean his tongue and gums. I am assured of the cleanliness and safety.

VIP Member

I think majority mummy use wash cloth or hankie. But have to use cool boiled water to clean LO mouth.

VIP Member

Don't think oral wipes are necessary... Better to get normal wet wipes

Better to get damp clean cotton cloth to clean baby's mouth

Actually you can use sterile gauze and cool boiled water.