My baby is preterm born at 31 weeks, any advice when can I bring my baby out?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is tricky. I brought my baby out when she was barely a month old. I brought her overseas before her vaccinations were completed. I bring her out everyday. I believe in practising good hand hygiene, be wary of my surroundings and ensure that my baby is not exposed to potential hazards like poor sanitation or extreme weather conditions. However if baby is premature, I will wait till baby is full termed then bring baby out but will be caution of people coughing or sneezing into my baby's face or beside me.

Read more
VIP Member

My baby was born 37 weeks and I bring him out almost daily from 4 weeks old, he is 9 weeks old now and haven't been unwell except for a gassy tummy. I would suggest you wait til baby gain enough weight and completed his/her 3rd month vaccination before heading out.

Apart from vaccinations, I only brought my baby out aft 3 mths. As I feel that there are many germs and viruses outside and baby immunity is weak. I rather wait for her to be stronger first. I would wait for at least 1 mth aft the 40 wks full term.