Babys weight

Hi mommies! My baby is weighing 2.1kg at 31 weeks gestational age. Feeling quite worried about it.. pls advice

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby was 2.3KG at week 36, came out at 2.6KG, week 40.. You can try eating eggs, chicken breast, avocados to increase baby’s weight. But as long as baby is above 2KG, no issues during scans & mummy has no medical issues, it should be fine. :)

Please also take note it is just an estimate. My baby was estimated to be 2.7kg nearing delivery date but came out 3.04kg. So take it with a pinch of salt can be +/-. But if the doc didn't see any concern, you shouldn't worry about it. 😊

Don’t worry. Mine was slightly underweight throughout. I gave birth to a healthy boy weighing 2.6kg on 38 week and 2days. This size is perfect for vaginal delivery, I had minimal tear and the push was only 10mins.

2y ago

Hahahaha don’t worry la! But last time my gynae did say on average baby will gain 150grams per week. So if you go until full term and give birth will be approx 3.45kg. But mine was lesser than the estimated weight la. Cause doc also did say the weight gain speed and phase differ from baby to baby. Anyway dont worry, cause if too big your doctor will inform you one.

I was like that. then my gynae suggested eating Durian and avocado and my baby manage to gain quite alot of weight within 2 weeks.

Normal weight. My baby weighed 2.2kg at 32 weeks now I’m 34 weeks