How to make baby nap during daytime ?

Hi my baby now is 2 and a half month old. Since confinement period ended she’s not been able to sleep during daytime at all. At the same time she’s been crying a lot, and drink habit also not able to fix as I can’t tell if she’s hungry or sleepy or both >< recently rocking is able to make her go to sleep, but no matter how long I hold her on hand as long as I put her down on bed she’ll wake up for sure. Otherwise only nap for 5 to 15 mins then wake up crying again. But at night time as long as I rock her and she’s able to start sleeping for sometimes 3 to 4 hours interval. Can I know anyone experiencing the same for your baby ?? And how can I make baby actually nap during daytime ??

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used swaddle, and play soft music, make sure room is dark and not too warm. I also pay attention to his sleep cues (yawning, sleepy look, rubs eyes), and time his naptimes. At 2.5 months, I usually put him to sleep after he’s been awake for 1.5-2 hours. It does take effort to track, and help the baby to establish a routine. But once the routine is there, it’ll be much better. In fact, the more he sleeps, the better he sleeps. Overtired babies are hard to coax, cranky, and harder to put to sleep too - so beware of that as well.

Read more
4y ago

I would check diapers, change if dirty. Then bring to the room, nurse him to sleep, then pat pat. And I would introduce a few soft toys that’s associated with sleep time. Usually can sleep in 30 mins. But now older harder to put to sleep :S

VIP Member

I swaddle her tightly!

4y ago

Her strength is very big and she’s very active she doesn’t allow me to swaddle at all or she’ll struggle free by herself.....