Milk Intake

My baby currently 3 months 1 week, he only drinks 120ml, sometimes lesser than this for every 3 hours. Is it consider bad? How about nite time? Should i force him to finish his milk?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Every baby is different and each has his/her own stomach capacity despite being of the same age. My 3 month old baby can only drink a maximum of 100ml if he’s really hungry. 80% of the time he can only drink 90ml, 10% of the time, 70ml or lesser, (every 2-3 hours). I tried giving 120ml when he’s famished but the most he could drink was 100ml. In 24 hours he can only drink 600ml odd. As long as your baby is urinating regularly (regular diaper change) and doesn’t cry out of norm, he’s fine 😌 I’ve had the same concern as I thought my baby wasn’t drinking as much as he should in a day. Checked with KKH UPAL (online paediatrician), was assured that every baby is different. Some are good drinkers, while others are developing.

Read more

Mine LO 120 can't finish sometimes. I make it 90-100ml but 2 hourly and he finish. I didn't force my child especially when my child sleeping. He 6hours no intake milk until he wake up for milk

VIP Member

Same as my baby. She tend to drink lesser and lesser, so worried but I tried my best to feed her frequently although at a small amount

TapFluencer

That’s fine, babies will cry for milk if they are hungry. Don’t force feed as it’ll cause vomiting and choking.

VIP Member

Please don’t force feed your baby. Every child is unique and as long as your baby is growing well, it’s alright

TapFluencer

Different baby have different intake. As long as they pee and s*** regularly.

Super Mum

It's fine as long as there's weight gain and diaper output

VIP Member

Never force feed. Some babies drink lesser than the other.