Getting To Sleep

My baby, about 5 weeks old, is having issues falling asleep. He would be almost falling asleep and will suddenly awake and start crying. It has been 2 days since such situations. Any ways to help?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My baby too. Usually either insecurity (and wanting to latch for comfort) or tummy discomfort. Swaddling can sometimes help with the insecurity part.. and also resting my hand on baby till completely asleep. For tummy discomfort, I use Ridwind and sometimes Yu Yee oil

4y ago

I started from 1 month +.

VIP Member

Is he being swaddled? Given a pacifier? White noise would be good.. make sure to burp well.. you can try eucalyptus oil. babies enjoy massages, it helps them to sleep better.. you can watch some YouTube videos and try..

Try swaddling and put in some white noise to promote better sleep for ur LO. Or it could be gas in his tummy. Try burping him again to make sure there is no gas in his tummy before bedtime.

VIP Member

It might be wind in the tummy. Might wanna try to burp him/her and carry him/her in your arms till she/he falls asleep.

Super Mum

I carry and rock baby until she falls asleep. If it's gas, try moving baby's legs in a cycling motion

VIP Member

Play some music, the same tune every night so that next time when he hears, he knows it is bedtime

VIP Member

May he he got scared u just keep a hand or swaddle him .. then may b he feels more secure ..

Could be gas in the tummy... ask dr if you can start on probiotics for baby

4y ago

Will it be too young to start probiotics? I brought him to polyclinic but doc refuse to give any med

VIP Member

I try to let my baby sleeps with tummy at the bed it work