baby is 5-months old! what brand of infant cereal should I start with? I wanna start my first solid introduction to her this weekend. what should I buy? *excited!*

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If over this weekend, perhaps you can go cold storage for more choices, i will prefer to start with healthy times, earth best, etc as they are less sweeter. So baby will not start to be picky in earlier stage. Subsequently, u can get from iherb.com , delivery within a week, it's fast and hassle free too. Just make sure someone home or deliver to someone who will be at home everyday. For 1st timer can use "DQC001" for discount.

Read more

I gave healthy times barley cereal. Some babies are prone to constipation when they start solids. Barley is more cooling which may offset that heaty effect that cause constipation. I like that it's not too sweet too, cos you do not wish to have your child get accustomed to sweet things at a young age. I moved on to other flavours subsequently.

Read more

Cerelac will be a good brand to consider if you are looking for something easy to get and affordable. if you are looking at organic product, my recommendation is HiPP. do remember to mix with breast milk if you are still providing that to your LO. introduce Puree food gradually and i am sure you will enjoy the process with your princess!

Read more

Have a friend who started with Gerber Rice Cereal (when her baby was 4.5months old). http://www.iherb.com/Gerber-Rice-Cereal-Single-Grain-8-oz-227-g/48865 She read that it is better to start with single grain before moving on to multigrain. Also that white rice is easier to digest as compared to brown rice.

Read more
Post reply image

5 month old? Usually it is advisable to start semi solid at the age of 6 mths instead. It is definitely unwise to start to early in case baby isn't ready yet. Normally when baby is ready to wean, there will be tell tale signs.

Read more

Can buy the rabbit brand si sen brown rice 1st. Easy to cook and digest. Smooth texture as well. Don't givw too much at a go cos baby is still learning to take. Take it slowly.

Read more

I love happy bellies brand from iherb. My kids all started with that. The first would be the brown rice version followed by oat then multigrain

VIP Member

I am giving Gerber Single Grain Cereal at 4.5 months, can get easily at NTUC. My PD said can start giving her rice cereal already..

My LO is 6 months 2 weeks old. I gave healthy times brown rice cereal :) 2 meals a day, noon cereal while evening is puree.

I would suggest to start with natural Pureed or strained fruits/ vegetables like mashed bananas, pears, peaches, avocado...