9 Replies

VIP Member

Try Hegen bottles! My friend used it for her baby since her baby was a newborn. No nipple confusion, and her baby accepts the bottle very well ◡̈ Hegen bottles are not cheap though, as compared to other brands in the market. But it’s cheaper during Supermom’s baby fair! They are exclusive for Supermom baby fair only though. Other baby fairs don’t have. You can go down and take a look this weekend. Their baby fairs only happen once every 6 months though, so must go this weekend, if not must wait 6 months later alr 😅 https://www.facebook.com/events/332276840614040/?ti=icl

I also had tis issue! It was super difficult period for me at that time, very stressed up as I want my bb to drink well and at the same time not waste the milk. Best way is to have patience and just slowly try. Can't rush into it as they are used to our breasts already. Have a schedule and try as and when, maybe starting once a day then twice. Use some toys to show bb so they can drink or find out what way seems to be helping them to drink then try it until they are ok and then U can do without all those distractions. Now my bb latches and drinks btl like a pro:)

Its normal with latching babies. I encounter it before I head back to work too. My girl will reject the bottle but gradually and slowly reduced the number of latching and fixed it at a time. For instance myself, since im working, I will let my mom (caregiver) bottle feed her from 7am-7pm and then take over the latching from 7pm to the next day 7am. Slowly, my girl get used to the schedule. Don't worry. It takes time. Jiayou!

Your baby may be associating you with latching. If so, it's natural for him to reject the bottle when you're around. Try to get someone to bottle feed him instead. If need be, leave the house for 3 hours or so such that he does not have the choice but to take the bottle. You can try various bottle teats. Nuk latex teat worked for me. I heard Pigeon peristaltic is not bad too.

Gonna do it gradually as the baby may not be able to adapt to the sudden change. Change a few different of types of teats for him till he is most comfortable with. Try bottle feed him by others as he most likely still prefer latch when with u. May also try to play some soothing music when feeding him.

Do it gradually. Start with taking away one breastfeeding session, preferably one where baby doesn't feed as much, and introduce the bottle. Gradually increase the intake of the milk fed via bottle as the days go by.

I read that you may try those sippy cups with soft sprout. And then consistency helps too.

VIP Member

Try using the comotomo bottle. Feels like a woman's breast

Can try to buy this gadget online?

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles