Sleep training

My baby is 11 months now but since I started work when she was 3 months, she has been sleeping badly. Before that she was able to sleep from 11pm till 7-9am straight. To make matters worse, due to separation anxiety at the initial stage when i started work we co-sleep as she wakes up too frequently to latch. Now she is still co-sleeping and is unable to self-soothe at times it’s like every 1-2hours of 10 times of waking up crying to comfort latch. Tried various methods, bottle feeding prior to sleep (which she has now refused), pacifier, comfort blanket and pillows, daddy to rescue but to no avail, she ends up crying even louder until she gets to latch. Worried she doesnt get enough rest but i am veryyyy sleep deprived as well. In need of advice!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Do set a routine. I have routine in place ever since my newborn is out. Every time I will bring them to my room at 7pm, wipe down and off light in total quiet. Day time I make them nap outside with bright natural lights and sounds as usual. Once the routine sets in they will know when is day and night. This is getting them to get use to routine. No crying out method. It's easier if u start them young. The older u start the longer it will take for them to get use to the routine.

Read more