My lo is 6.5mth now and she needs to latch to sleep. She still hasn't started sleeping through the night and when she wakes up in the night, she will want to be nursed. I've read that it's perfectly fine to let them latch for comfort until they are ready to wean off, and their ability to self-soothe will change before we know it. But I would like to break this "habit". She doesn't suck her thumb or pacifier and don't use any items that will act as an attachment to her. How can I do it without her crying the house down?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

she will be able to self soothe, this is what sister kang told me when I asked her about my boy being able to sleep on his own. basically, you need to start her on sleep training or your boobs will be her sleep prop for the next 2-3 years-your baby will have disrupted sleep which is not beneficial for her development. there is no need for night feedings anymore after 6 months old according to pediatrician and Singhealth. my boy slept through the night at 4 months old and still gaining weight well.

Read more
8y ago

Read ur blog. Will look up the book as well! :)

If baby hasn't tried the pacifier yet, why not give it a go? It will save you alot of sleepless hours.

8y ago

That is not in my intention to give a pacifier. If it was, I would have given long ago.