My baby is 10 months old, we co sleep with my baby. He will sleep only by sucking my breast and then keep sucking until close to half an hour and fall asleep. In the night he wakes up close to 3 times again suck suck until he falls asleep. Daddy tried to make him sleep on all the occasions however he will cry and cry and we give up and let him suck. I am feeling exhausted and this is only during night as I am working Mother. I have never given him pacifier however should I give him pacifier now, feeling helpless.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should try sleep training him, there are a few methods you can try (google ‘baby sleep training’). My baby used to be exactly like yours up until around 7 months, we both barely got any sleep and I felt exhausted, I was about to go insane. That’s when I decided - this is enough, I need to sleep so that I can function and take care of my baby. After that, I started putting my baby in a separate room, we went through the sleep training for about a week and a half (lots of crying, be prepared). At first she woke up a few times a night. But after a while she started sleeping all through the night and my physical and mental health improved tremendously.

Read more