Baby sleeps only after 11 pm

Hi mummies, ive been trying to sleep train my 2.5 month baby since a long time ago but its not working that well. Usually 7pm, i will start to bring him into the room to let him sleep. Ive made the room to be dimly lit etc for him to differentiate between day and night. but once i swaddle and put him into the cot, he cries badly. we tried so many methods even put him next to us but he refuses to sleep. he will cry until 10 plus of which then he will fall asleep after we pacify him… any mummies who managed to overcome this?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

While it is possible to sleep train, I would say don’t bother since baby is only 2.5mo. You can be sleep training and then all it takes is one tooth to disrupt the entire routine 😅. I personally don’t sleep train my baby, she just find her own routine and stick to it. Any growth spurts or teething phase will throw the entire routine off. She started sleeping thru the night at 8mo. I will just let her roll and cry herself while I lay beside her. She will self soothe and sleep.

Read more

You can try observing his sleep pattern for the first 2.5months. When did he start to sleep a long stretch of hours then slowly move the timing forward. If he used to be sleeping at 12 midnight and suddenly you want him to sleep at 7pm, he will definitely be fussy and not wanting to sleep. Setting up a consistent bedtime routine helps too.

Read more