Bottle feeding newborn

Asking for advice on bottle feeding as a first time parent. My 2 weeks old newborn seem to have colic issue and resist strongly to burping with stiffening body. When feeding him, i try to make him sit as upright as possible, tilt the bottle horizontally in such a way that teat is full of milk rather than air. Am i supposed to let the baby control the feeding pace or should i pull out the bottle from time to time. It seems like if i pull out the bottle and control the pace, he gets frustrated and suck more aggressively in subsequent feeding. I also try to use philips air free vent and will try out dr brown bottles as well. Any other advices are much appreciated, thanks!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

did your boy cry every night at a certain timing? maybe his gut is not mature yet like what my mum has mentioned and if it is colic due to immaturity may experience on n off some gas or slight discomfort etc that's why they stiff their body so it is very important to really burp them. my gal has been crying every night same timing and vomit quite frequently and it can be quite scary for me even for the first 1 to 2 month for her and even mention to PD and she suspect colic and prescribe probiotic from biogaia for her gut. Depending on her milk intake at that point of time so will likely to divide 1 feeding to burp her in between for maybe 2 or 3 times but I still carry her to feed and PD advises to give her more but small feeding each time. you may want to explore diff types of burping technique and to consult your PD. drinking aggressive sometimes maybe he is at the stage of growth spurt which he is drinking more than usual but his body may still not adjust to the higher volume intake but still wanted to drink more.

Read more

My ger has the same problem!! She doesnt even slp... and she spits milk out as well.. trying out dr brown now too...