As a young, working parent in Manila, what have been the toughest challenges you've faced?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I'm not from Manila but having lived in other cities around the world (Singapore, Stockholm, London), I'd say just having enough time to juggle family, work and personal growth can be such a huge challenge. Despite constantly being surrounded by people, you can still be lonely, which is never a great feeling for a young mother or father. Also, as standards of living around the world goes higher, it does worry me every now and then if I will have enough for my family and myself in the long run.

Magbasa pa

I think the toughest challenges are universal for parents (learning to breastfeeding, coping with sleep deprivation and sleep-training your child, etc, figuring out this whole parenting thing), but specifically for Manila, I would say that the short maternity leave is a challenge. Glad that it's about to become 100 days, but when I gave birth, both the time (2 months) and compensation were definitely not enough for me to feel like I was fully ready to go back to the workplace.

Magbasa pa

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5030)

1. Time with the family. I don't think I'll ever be able to adjust. Traffic just sucks the life out of you. And I just want to go home and see my kids. Huhuhuhu

Traffic imbis na ilaan mo sa baby ung oras eh napupunta sa tagal ng byahe hayssss

Being away from my son....