Anyone wake up to pump during midnight? I dream feed my baby on my right side and she seems satisfied and always drift back to sleep. My left side is engorged and I have to wake up to pump:(

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes i still pump in the middle of the night even as bb is reaching 4month coming week and starts to sttn sometimes. usu she feed 1 side and will go on to sleep when she's satisfied so i gotta pump the other side. when she sttn, i still wake up to pump.

This happens to me during the 1st 3 mths of birth only. Maybe it is because of baby's demand. I over produce and baby doesn't drink so much yet. However, as time pass, he wakes ip for milk in the night and is able to clear the milk for me.

Read more

Yes yes but that is usually if i don't latch directly at all. Usually this will happened only when i don't pump before i go to bed. I always make a point to pump before going to bed so that if baby is not awake, i don't have to be awake too.

Read more

I wake up to pump every 2-3 hourly. My boy is a big drinker so I always have to keep up with his feeds. So I have to pump consistently to keep up with his amount. Jia you, mummy!

Yes i do. Cos my bb also feed only on one side and didn't clear.. Den i need to pump also. If i am not sleepy, i will Latch n pump at the same time to save time..

I did wake up in the midnight to pump to avoid engorge. Sometimes if I was so tired, I slept on. Gosh..whole bed got wet. So, I have to pump it out.

If you need to build a stash, you can pump in the middle of the night. If not, you can just let your body regulate the supply by itself.

I've been dl my baby most of the time, only bottle feed to train. Midnight pumps are rare for now, unless i feel really engorged.

VIP Member

I pump around midnight and then again at 6. Baby latches at around 11-11.30 for a Dream feed as well. Seems quite normal to me

i will pump to boost supply as I am a low supply mum :)

8y ago

i cant read the full answer :(