Hi mummies. Will my supply be affected if my lo doesn't wake up middle of the night to feed ? And I don't want to pump to prevent disturbing him. So I'll usually do a morning pump, throughout the day I'll latch him, pump 1 side if he only feed on the other side, pump at 7pm & 9pm. So around 3 full pumps a day.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there. it depends on what is ur previous pattern of pumping. there are 2 ways to look at pumpkin. one is the pump every X hr. the other way is to use the boobs X times within a 24 hr period. so as long as u maintain that and the total number of minutes then u are good. otherwise any decrease will definitely be decreasing ur supply. on the other hand, prolactin hormone is the highest at night so u can get more milk at night actually so u are kind of short-changing urself by not latching or pumping during the most effective time too yar? maybe u want to consider pumping in the living room or the study room or just pump? baby in deep sleep shouldn't really be disturbed by it

Read more

Depends on your pumping stage. For the first 1-1.5 years I was pumping several times a day. I choose a Medela double electric pump, which is pretty quiet, especially with a blanket to muffle the sound of the motor

Do u need stash ? If no need then let ur ss adjust to ur lo demand ... if he doesn't drink then no point pumping so much too