confinement

Anyone can tell me more about confinement and if it is necessary?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Depending on whether it’s a natural or C-section birth, you would have used up a lot of energy and strength and lost a lot of blood. In my opinion, confinement is important and necessary because you need a lot of rest and nutrition after you give birth. This will ensure that you can recuperate and regain your strength to take care of your baby by the end of your confinement. By way of resting, it means you only leave the bed when you need the loo, bath, eat and breastfeed baby. That will be the most ideal. There are a lot of confinement practices and you need not follow them all and can adapt to your own habits but it’s all for your own good :)

Read more
VIP Member

It is the time for you to rest as you will have lost a lot of blood and strength during child birth. It is not necessary to follow strictly; only do those that actually make sense. 1. In my opinion, there is no food restriction but there are some foods that really do help in healing and giving you that much needed nutrients. 2. You do not necessarily have to quarantine yourself. If you have the strength and you feel like going out, please do. Honestly, being confined in the house too long is maddening. 3. Please. Please shower daily, with warm water. Hygiene is very important. 4. Feel free to carry your baby, so long as you have the strength.

Read more