Confinement meal

I was wondering if post natal confinement meal is necessary as the package can be quite costly.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you don't have a confinement nanny, you will definitely not have time to prepare and cook confinement meals for yourself as you'll be super busy with taking care of baby and adjusting to your new role. Just do yourself a favour and get the package while you try to navigate motherhood. Being a mother is already tough enough, and you shouldn't have to worry about your own meals. Do rmb, only when you eat well can you also recover faster and baby will also get the necessary nutrients from you.

Read more
VIP Member

Honestly, confinement meals are necessary as it can help your body recover faster, produce milk etc. They will also add certain ingredients like ginger or sesame oil to help you remove wind in your body or avoid certain food like chilli and spices (important if you are breastfeeding). To save costs, perhaps you can try cooking your own confinement meals/soup or can opt for a cheaper package or trial meals and cook your own rice and red date tea etc

Read more

not a must but nice to have if you dont have anyone to cook for you because it can be quite hectic at the start. i see confinement meals as more expensive tingkat but they do use more premium and varied ingredients. if you can get well balanced nutrient rich meal alternatives you probably can save a little bit of money here. i know of people who just top up their regular meals with post partum soup packets too, which is cheaper as well.

Read more

Personally feels it's important as it helps to reset your body. However if we look at the westerners, they don't eat such food. Probably an Asian thing but good to have a balanced diet. Mainly are herbs and ginger to help strength/warm the body

Do you have a confinement nanny? Or is your mother / mother in law able to cook nourishment food for you? If yes, then you don’t need. If no, it would be better to have because your body needs to recover properly.

To be honest, up to you. Many people did not go through confinement either. So it’s up to your own beliefs.

It’s up to own preference. But it’s quite beneficial , if u don’t have a confinement nanny

TapFluencer

necessary... can b prepared by some1 at home or confinement nanny or ordered

💕

💕