Anyone here takes forever to pump and supply is Low? For every 4 hrs interval my output is only 150-160ml and its takes forever to finish pumping and I have to hand express for quite sometime~ not practical at work as I do not have a lot of time for pumping~ any advices?? Thanks

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have you been taking/eating your milk boosters regularly? Foods like oats, milo and coconut milk are some milk boosters that are popular amongst my circle of friends. An ex colleague of mine would eat foods with coconut milk (curry, nasi lemak, coconut milk desserts) during lunch time and true enough, she pumps very well after. Find out what your perfect milk booster it and maybe you can eat it during lunch time and pump after :)

Read more
8y ago

Yes I drink Milo and oats almost everyday but my oats are instant oats~ but no matter how hard I try my supply jus can't increase~ tried power pumping~ eat fenugreek... Drink booster tea but increase is not significant :(

Try breast compression when you're pumping to help with more milk flow. It definitely helps to empty your breasts faster. Which pump are you using btw?

8y ago

If you're exclusively pumping, try a more heavy duty hospital grade like S1. Also, if it's taking you too long to empty, maybe you can shorten the intervals? Every 3 hours with hand compression on the breasts while pumping.