Anyone sent their kids to church kindys? I heard many dont teach phonics. Is phonics impt? Thank u.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I dont know about if church kindy teach phonics - but yes phonics is impt n you can teach it at home. Can give Jolly Phonics a try. It's well researched and proven phonics programme to help children read and write a year ahead of their peers. Jolly phonics have phonics songs that will send you singing along with your kiddos too.. September 21 is the official distributor for Jolly phonics Every quarter September 21 organises workshop for parents and teachers, conducted by Victoria Carlton, so you can take the chance to go learn it too.

Read more
8y ago

thank u Sam..:)

My boy attends a church kindy and yes he learns phonics =) Phonics will help your child to pick up reading. You may wish to check out Eye Level English programs (for kids 3 years and above). If your kid is between 4 and 6 years, Jan & Elly is running a taster class at $10 in November (which also includes a parent workshop so you can learn too!). If you stay around Serangoon, Kidz Literacy Cove is one of the recommended centres (Australian based curriculum). Hope this helps!

Read more
8y ago

thanks alot :)

Knowing phonics can help your child learn to read and write. You can easily find Letterland in bookstores such as Elm Tree, and it is a worthwhile investment since it is interactive, and Mummy and Daddy can learn the correct sounds and usage also, to guide your child.

Just to share a site i love for phonics - http://www.starfall.com/

8y ago

thanks Chloe:))