Gynae's Memo

Anyone passed your employer a doctor's memo before? My gynae wrote for my employer to let me work in less stressful conditions as I have been working under extreme conditions lately etc.. But I'm not sure how to approach my boss with the letter as I feel like he will discriminate me as he has been pushing me alot at work lately..

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes. I am doing fieldwork but first trimester was a bad time for me so I requested for a doctor’s memo and forwarded it to my boss. From then on, we discussed on how I can contribute to work without going on-site. All the best and I hope your employer is understanding enough.

Yup I did, because I felt like there were accommodations that could be made but my boss was dragging their feet. With the letter it was official and they had to make a change

Yes... Ehh... Write light duty. But even my Dr didn't write I still on light duty as my pervious boss not that bad.

Its your employer's responsibility to ensure that your well being is taken care of during pregnancy at work.

VIP Member

Please pass the letter to your employer. Your employer should understand. Please take care!

VIP Member

I think it’s ok for your boss to see this. He/She should be professional about it

It’s okay, pass it to your boss!

TapFluencer

Send to your boss and cc HR

Yes