Child Support Case

Anyone na nag file for child support sa illegitimate child & nanalo sa case? Any tips pls. I do believe that karma will haunt my ex partner who is not supporting our child but I also believe that I need to fight for the right of my child. This is not about ego/ pride, this is about the needs of my child which is my utmost priority & I want to set an example to my child that when he grows up, it's never ok to abandon his responsibilities just like what his father did.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
VIP Member

Try mo po. Under R.A. No. 9255, if the father is willing to acknowledge the child, he can execute an Affidavit of Admission of Paternity, Private Handwritten Instrument or an Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) which is an instrument executed in order to use the surname of the father. For births that occur in the Philippines, the Affidavit of Admission of Paternity, Private Handwritten Instrument or Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father executed in the Philippines shall be registered at the LCRO (Local Civil Registry Office) of the place of birth. If he does not acknowledge the child, you can file: 1. A civil case for recognition of illegitimate child and support (pendente lite). The Family Code provides that such illegitimate child may file a petition to establish his filiation with his father during the lifetime of the father. He can use pieces of evidence to prove that the father has recognized him as his biological child such as photos, letters and testimonies of people. With the advance in science, the child may also resort to DNA testing to prove his filiation. Nowadays, there is a need (some family courts) for DNA test po since the father did not acknowledge the child. 2. A criminal case for VAWC under Republic Act No. 9262 (also, for support). But again, one has to prove filiation of the child.

Magbasa pa

Kasuhan mo ng VAWC Mamsh. Ako dati ganyan ginawa ko sa Dad ng baby ko, ayaw mag support. Pero kung makaya niyo lang naman pag usapan ng maayos, pwede naman sa Brgy lang magpirmahan.

Punta po kayo ng vawc interviewhin po kayo at sila na bahala mg file ng case against sa tatay ng anak nyo po..mananalo po kayo kung mpapatunayan na hindi sya ngbibigay ng sustento

Kung nakaapelyido po sa tatay ng baby, panalo. Pag hindi maipapanalo pa rin po ng dna test.

4y ago

Turuan ng leksyion, yes mag ask sila for dna test yun magpapatunay na saknya kahit di naka apilido malakinpadin ang chance mo manalo. Go sa vawc moms.

VIP Member

Ngpplan din ako kasuhan papa ng 2 kids ko 😪 pano nga ba?

Hi mommy musta toh n case mo po?same po tyo

4y ago

He did not attend ung sa pao so umabot na kmi sa family court. Ayun natakot, umiyak. Nagbibigay na now monthly coz if not kulong sya as stated sa agreement namin signed by judge ba naman eh. Sabi ko nga 2 options lng, kulong or sustento. Pili ka lng😄

Ask atty

VIP Member

My tita mommy.

5y ago

What was the outcome po?