Anyone having the same problems as me? My Husband won't really help me with housework unless I tell him many times to do it. He will then give a unwilling attitude. Ever since i gave birth to my LO, he still never change. Is like phone and tv is his wife. I got to work, takecare LO and do housework. This is totally madness. He keeps initiate to have sex but I always reject him. Reason being that I'm too tired to even have sex. Don't have the 'feel' to do it.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think most men are the same. Selfish and need a lot of me time. My husband also doesn't help with housework and even if he does it will be very small tasks like emptying the rubbish bin. Even when I was feeling unwell during pregnancy and couldn't do housework for a while, he refused to vacumn the floor saying the magical wipes kind of wiping is clean enough. I think you can communicate more with him to let him know how affected you are by his lack of participating in housework. And perhaps delegate him fixed tasks to do. Men think That parenting is just about having fun with the kids. I make it a point to tell my husband constantly after baby was born that having a family and parenting is not about just playing with Kids. The dirty task and chores need to be done too otherwise he should not bother to have a family. Even if I am a sahm he should still help out and what's more you are a working mom. However I find most men need reminders and specific instructions to help on housework, they just won't do it willingly or with their own initiative :(

Read more