Anyone has any problem when changing teats to a bigger hole or from slow flow to medium flow? I tried changing the teat for my lo as she is taking very long to finish her milk and sometimes she don't even finishes it up. After changing the teat, it doesn't get better. She is leaking the milk and will choke while drinking. My lo is breastfeeding and bottle feeding.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

How Long does she take to complete a bottle? Also which teats are you using? Generally supposed to switch to medium flow teat from 3-6 months. It's recommended that breastfeeding babies stick to slow slow teat so they don't reject the boob

VIP Member

I been using slow flow since newborn till 19 month now. Latching and bottle feeding. No problem. Sometimes she takes very long to drink from bottle but probably cuz she is not hungry. If she hungry, she will drink fast.

I'm using pigeon teat SS. My lo is 4 months now. At times, she can finish the bottle within half an hour. If not, she will take up to an hour to clear the bottle or sometimes don't even finish.