Anyone has a kid that dislike haircut since young? At what age do they finally able to sit down properly for a nice cut at the salon?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My 25.5mo son has never liked it, we don't even go to the hair salon either and just do it at home - the very moment he sees the shaver or even just the box, he'd start bawling his eyes out! Then I realised that he liked keeping his hair long, and didn't want to cut it - that's why he was crying so badly. So, we haven't cut it in a while! And every time that my parents try to, he'd either cry immediately or I'd quickly bring him to bathe so they can't cut it hehe :x

Read more

Yes my #1 cried uncontrollably whenever we bring him for a haircut and he would cling onto us and we would get hair all over our body. No matter what we offered; sweets or videos, he would cry nonstop. He was fine when he turned 3. He managed to sit down on his own and never cry after that. My #2 is facing the same issue now of crying everyone he's due for a haircut.

Read more
8y ago

No solutions. Currently still crying loads. Maybe have to wait for him to be ready on his own.

Each time you have a haircut or someone in your family does maybe hubby, take your lo along with you. I started early with my son so i never faced an issue. Wheras my neighbours son, never liked his hair cut. So the dad had to stand next to him each time and reassure him that everything will be okay.

Read more
TapFluencer

yes, i brought him along to see when my nephews, my hub and myself have our hair cut but still he hate it. Everytime during haircut he will struggle and cry the mall down. i have to hold on to him real tight which i personally don't like as i find this will cause him to hate it even more.

8y ago

how about getting him a toy, like rewarding for sitting there for a good haircut. i did that for my boy when he was 2.5yo.

VIP Member

Bring your child along when you are having a haircut. Your child will learn it is OK to have a haircut. Mine does not have much hair till 24 months. I only did her haircut recently when she saw me cut hair and she also wanted!

I sat down beside her and she watched me having my haircut and then got her to sit down on my lap for her haircut. At the same time telling her it's not going to hurt and she will look better after the haircut.

8y ago

Bring the toddler to the hairdresser whenever whoever is having a haircut. Kind of helps allay anxiety. You may want to ask what is your child is afraid of.

VIP Member

my girl only allows me or her grandma to cut. trust issue 🤣

thanks