Baby bully mummy

Anyone encountered this? Baby cry murder when mummy hug, but the moment your husband hug, she smile back at you and continue to cry? Husband managed to make crying baby sleep... feel so upset.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Actually quite normal for newborns. The parentcraft teachers said that that’s because mummies tend to hold baby very gently, which makes baby feel insecure, but daddies hold baby firmly and pat them more firmly, which makes baby feel secure. Anyway, don’t feel jealous:) you’ll soon see that you and your husband play different roles in baby’s life, and there’re things you do that baby only wants you to do:) slowly discover those things and treasure them. For now, I’m glad you have a hands on daddy with you. That’s a blessing! Take the time to go get some rest, because soon, baby will start clinging to you when she’s a little older and more settled in the world:)

Read more

yes. my baby used to wake up or cry when he's in my arms in the beginning. but when my MIL or husband or actually almost anyone else tried he would be quiet or sleep easily. I cried over this a lot of times, cos I thought my baby hated my presence or hug. but now he's used to my way of hugging so he's quite comfortable. your baby could be crying in your arms cos she feels you and wants to communicate you, trusting you in a sense. so don't worry yeah just continue embracing your baby to show your love 💕

Read more