Anyone did perineal massage during the third trimester? And does it aid in natural birth without having an episiotomy?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perineum massage can be done from 32 weeks onwards. It tone and stretch your perineum to increase elasticity. Allow baby to emerge easily. It also helps know your body better especially the path where your baby needs to come through. Putting your thumb with pressure in the vagina or birth path acts as an anchor to relax instead of holding back when baby is moving down the birth path. This exercise helps you to avoid episiotomy and prevent tearing. Hence, reduce blood lost. Hope that helps.

Read more

Hi I had the massage. The massage did help me in my birthing. It enables me to relax n also enabled me to deliver my second born wo any assisted equipment. However, it also dep on the skills of ur Masseu as I understood fr my Masseu that this massage can sometimes induced baby earlier if Masseu is not skilled. I would suggest to get a reputable Masseu. My Masseu retired n do get reviews on the Masseu n the strength they used.

Read more
8y ago

Which one did u went? Don't mind sharing the contacts of it?

Had tried but it doesn't seemed to help. Easing of backache yes though. During yr last trimester, u will usually feel super tired because of the weight of the baby. Do go to shops with certified masseuse as some may just touch here and there only and u will end up wasting yr money.

Read more
4y ago

You mean you can get a professional perineal massage done?