Anyone of you cook porridge for your lo then add apple sauce. Do u still need to give fruits again??

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think fruits should be eaten earlier in the day as it contains sugar which may make babies hyper if you give them too late in the day and affect their bedtime. It is ok to give fruits again even if you give applesauce but moderate amounts. Too much sugars is not good for them and too much fiver can either cause loose stools or indigestion as fiber can be hard to break down

Read more

Yes why not. There is no hard rules. Its all up to you. How old is your lo? I wouldnt give porridge with applesauce and fruits right away. You may want to give fruits for tea break instead?

7y ago

Homemade ?

Yes I would. I try to have him eat fruits everyday -a variety if possible - so if give applesauce le, I will choose some other fruits to give

VIP Member

It depends how old is your LO. You can offer apple sauce to the porridge to make it tasty. and offer a second fruit as an alternative too

For me I make sure every meal will have freshly steam fruits after his mains though

Apple sauce is merely used for a taste. I would still give fruits before each meal.