8 Replies

Usually formula-fed babies are likely to have constipation. From your description of the stage of formula milk that your baby is taking, i presume he has started solids. Common solids food such as rice cereal that is low in fibre can be a cause of constipation coupled with insufficent intake of liquids. You can consider the following methods to treat it: *Help him to get some exercise. While he's lying on his back, gently move his legs in a forward, circular motion as if he was pedaling a bicycle. *Massage your baby's belly. Measure three finger-widths below his navel on the lower left side and apply gentle but firm pressure there with your fingertips. Press until you feel a firmness or mass. Maintain gentle but constant pressure for about three minutes. *Try giving prune or apple juices into his formula milk.

Hi hi .. I am currently using Similac Total Comfort for my girl - it helps with her eczema slightly according to her pd. No phelgmy sound and I have tasted quite a few brand - seems ok to me. I look at the quality of the ingredients rather than taste. For constipation - I give my Lo Biogaia Infant Drops as when needed when she has runny stools or slight constipation.. Tried all the other formula - nan pro HA/ nan pro, enfamil and Bellamy's and finally settled for Similac. Personally when I take mamil related products - It gives me constipation, hence that was not in my consideration list at all. Hope these helps !

My daughter has been drinking Similac intelli-Pro since 1 year old. Now she's 3, still drinking Similac. She's doing fine with Similac, no phelgmy sound or constipation. Yes, I do find it is sweet, but I thought most formula milk are sweet. You can ask for samples of formula milk from Pediatrician,email/Facebook to respective milk company and request samples for your LO to try and see which is more suitable for him.

I meant that it caused constipation for me personally with their maternal formula hence havent not very keen on trying their infant formula. Feedback from my mummy friends (just 2-3 hence not a established sample size) that it give their Lo constipation in the past. Don't know about now though.. Lo is currently 4 months old. a picture of biogaia protectors drops for you :)

Called up Dumex , they say mamil gold has special prebiotics blends, so shouldn't cause constipation but I guess diff babies adapt to diff formula milk differently

Hi , can show pic of the biogaia infant drop? It is a probiotics ? How old is your LO?

I have lobang for dumex mamil gold!!!! Add me in wechat von2111!!! Somewhat free!

My son drinks Simiac too. Its fine for him.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles