Any tips for dealing with sibling rivalry? My kids fight all the time!!

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It will get better. Just give some time to them. I had 5 siblings and once in awhile we do argue like alot but my mom always taught me to share my foods, toys etc Teach them to share most of the things. Tell the sibling to protect each other at all cost. Spend time with them equally, never favourite any. It will helps and took some time

Read more

How old are your kids? How far apart are they in age? Are they both boys? I don't think all sibling rivalries are the same....but if they are fighting you can set ground rules about sharing, time out etc and let them know what they should expect if those rules are broken.

VIP Member

I think board games r helpful for siblings .. winning loosing makes them to encourage n playful mood , it helps in comparative spirit .. just try it may works .. but it’s quite common as we r small we also used to fight with our siblings right ..

Here are some tips for managing sibling rivalry. 1. Treat each child equally and do not favor one more than other 2. Manage equal attention to each child 3. Encouraged both child equally.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi Sumati, my kids are 7 and 3. Eldest is a girl. I have tried setting ground rules. but they still fight. :(

It’s normal at this age, I use to fight with my siblings too But now we’re much better

Super Mum

Can discipline the kids ..not caning but withhold privileges

thanks

Explain them to stick together and support each other

VIP Member

Teach them to share?