Any mummies here who used to be working full time converted to stay at home mom and is feeling a little lonely, sometimes stressful and feeling guilty of not being able to earn on their own? I don't wanna be selfish, my kids needs me but each time I wanna spend, I gotta ask husband. Not that he minds, I do. I feel guilty. I used to be very independent. Spending on my own, never asked him for money. He prefers me to look after the kids myself. He said, "if you don't, I'll quit and look after them while you work"

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess all sahm feel the same way . Same goes for me . I've been a sahm for 5 years ! Initially was tough as I'm not good in cooking but I got to do it as I can't expect us to dine out all the time since I'm not working anymore . But I seriously envy that your hubby is supportive of u being a sahm . Not many men feels the same way . Just like my hubby , he would rather I work and we get a helper instead . But I don't trust strangers and I believe only I can take good care of my kids myself . Even for my own parents , they can't take it helping me with 3kids . It's definitely not easy . But ya I do miss spending my own hard earned money and I can buy all the stuffs I fancy without having to ask humbly for it . There's pros and cons. Let's jiayou together !

Read more
8y ago

Thanks for assuring me that it will be okay. Wow salute you for being a SAHM for 5 years. It's been months for me and I cannot take it already. I feel like putting my baby in a CC when she's 18m old.