Any baby manual to read before the kiddo arrives? Do's and don'ts, troubleshooting, answers to common questions? Thanks!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought this bestseller, "The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two" for my friends who were going to be first time parents and they thought that it was informative and really useful. This book apparently contains all the latest information on everything from diapers to day-care, birthing methods - midwifery to hospital birthing rooms, from postpartum nutrition to infant development. The writers, Doctors Bill and Martha Sears draw from their vast experience both as medical professionals and as the parents of eight children to provide comprehensive information on virtually every aspect of infant care.

Read more

Here's a basic guide prepared by Singapore Children's Society providing some tips on handling a baby (from birth to one year old). In it you will find six common scenarios that you will encounter as a new parent and how to handle them: https://www.childrensociety.org.sg/resources/front/template/scs/files/parenting%20guide%20on%20babies.pdf Though it does not cover everything you will need to know, but it is easy to read and provide some useful basic information to help start you off. :)

Read more

To hard and fast rules. You can read up online or chat with people with experiences. Many a times, people with experiences will provide you with better information than books as they are real life experiences that they gained from their own children. This is definitely very well informed. Reading online will help you to gain extra knowledge and make your life easier in certain ways too.

Read more

Manual? Wow! No specific manual I would say. Do lots of read up either online or you can actually take the opportunity to get to the library, get some aircon in this super hot weather and read in the comfort. There are so much more choices of books available in the library. Check out the parenting section.

Read more