What are the No-no’s of 1st Trimester Pregnancy?

First pregnancy and a thousand questions to ask. What are the biggest not to do’s during the early stage of pregnancy?#firstbaby #1stpreganancy

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tbh, i only avoid eating raw (which includes all forms of not fully cooked eggs) , alcohol and herbs. For me i wasnt too bothered if there is any wine used in cooking since im not eating the food like every meal. I drank a cup of ice tea everyday as i feel so uneasy if i dont drink any cold or sweet or sour drinks esp during the peak of my morning sickness in first trimester. Other than that i just live my life as per normal. I find it will be so tiring if we need to research every item that we touched is it safe for pregnancy anot. Just relax and live our life as per normal even thou there is a small human growing in us. I try to walk away from smokers when outside and be careful in walking and dont carry heavy stuffs. Wishing you a smooth journey in your pregnancy.

Read more
Super Mum

For me, no raw food, including eggs have to be fully cooked. No alcohol. And then I also avoid fish/seafood with high mercury levels. Try to avoid strong chemicals like pesticide, bleach. I also avoid hair rebonding during this time. I think gelish manicure is a no-no, while normal manicure should still be fine although I just avoid them all haha... Be careful not to slip/fall, good to wear comfortable shoes and I'd avoid heels too. Heard its not good to sleep on stomach so even though I'm only in 1st trimester, I still avoid doing so.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for sharing your tips! Will take note :) wishing you a smooth pregnancy!

No drinking no raw I suppose? Come to think of it, I never really avoided anything other than the standard foods (raw, alcohol etc). I pretty much still do what I do daily.

Hey, you can check the 'Activities' feature in the tools section of this app. It will let you know all the do's and dont's for your pregnancy

2y ago

Thank you that’s helpful!

Coughs and colds, 9 weeks and 1 day. Is it safe?