Any advice on how to lose weight post pregnancy? I put on 14kg during pregnancy & lost 7kgs only. I'm feeling very sad its been 2 months since I gave birth. I'm breastfeeding too.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just to let you know that you are not alone. I put on 15kg when I was pregnant, lost 10kg and still have 5kg to go although I've been breastfeeding for 6 months already. :( Other than exercise which we already know and not logistically possible most of the time, we can also make adjustments to our food choices. Choose to take food which are high in fibre and give you more fullness than others with the same calories. Eat fruits as snacks and try not to eat past mealtimes so you do not become too famished and overeat. Maybe you also want to know why you're not losing weight? http://www.grassfedmama.com/2014/06/30/losing-weight-breastfeeding/

Read more
VIP Member

I'm exclusively breastfeeding as well and have yet to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I don't stress it. I love going for swims but it's not always possible as I can't be away from my baby for more than 2 hours (bottle strike). Weight loss occurs when calories consumed are less than calories burnt. The most effective way is to combine diet and exercise. Instead of dieting, try to consciously choose healthier choices i.e. brown rice instead of white rice, request for more leafy vegetables etc.

Read more
VIP Member

Breastfeeding does help you to shed those kilos but if you wanna lose more and faster, you can try to schedule some time to exercise. I know with a baby it may be hard, but if you can get someone, maybe your mum or mother in law to help for an hr or two, you can go downstairs for a quick jog.

You can also try some exercises which does not require you to be away from your baby as you are breastfeeding. It will help you shed the weight and bond with the baby at the same time. http://www.fitpregnancy.com/exercise/postnatal-workouts/8-new-mom-workout-moves-do-baby/slide/4

Stop eating carbohydrates and sugar after 6 pm and don’t eat / drink unhealthy during the day. Should see remarkable change in 4-6 weeks. Good luck

Controlled diet and zumba! Or any cardio that you like :) try starting with twice a week! All the best!

thanks