Am gonna be a FTM in 2 weeks and currently having mixed feelings. Nervous, anxious and just worried that the rship with the husband will change. Mummies, how do you feel when you get to see your baby for the first time and to have a new addition in your family? Would greatly appreciate all the assurance i can get.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hey mummy to be! Congrats on the little bundle of joy. I am a newly minted Ftm as well, and I have been loving every minute of it. It's tiring, stressful and most sleep deprived time of your life, but seeing baby's sweet smile makes every annoyance and pain worth it. My relationship with hubby was amazing before baby and now since having a child it's even better (we really feel like 1 unit). We are both able to be so vulnerable in front of each other, and watching baby and how she grows is such a fun bonding activity. Good luck for the delivery. And can't wait for you to share your bubs pics when ready. Here's my little angel.

Read more
Post reply image

Your relationship will definitely change. Having a new baby is a big challenge and both parties need to play an equal part to survive this new phase in your lives. I'm not going to sugarcoat it- it's going to be tough. Sleep deprivation can make people cranky and crazy. But it will all get better, and you just have to plough through the toughest part to enjoy the wonderful times your baby will bring you.

Read more

Thank you for your replies. Really appreciate it! @Roshni: your little angel's too cute!